Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-06-27

Starting a local business?

As I might have told some of my esteemed readers before I left Sweden, something that’s definitely nagging me is the possibility of getting hold of a local business somewhere in the world. I think I described it as “buy a cool bar at a Caribbean island and marry the beautiful twin daughters of the tribe chief” or something! :-)

Well, sitting here in Lanquin, I’m half-seriously considering starting a place like this backpackers joint in Nebaj to cash in on the possible increase in tourism there. Or any other business down here really...

I’ve also met this guy Brendan today that was offered to buy a sixth of a restaurant in San Pedro (on Lake Atitlan) for 2500 US$. The interest on that would be $10(!) per month only, and for that he would also get a room to stay in as well as food each day. Sounds like a decent deal, and if it wasn’t for my trip to Kyrghyzstan I would be very tempted indeed...

Or maybe I should buy a Tuk-tuk (only 4500 US$ for a new one!) and start a taxi business? :-)