Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-06-04

The Weather

Before leaving Dangriga for the mountains, I checked the weather for the region, and got really depressed. It was thunderstorms all around central America – I even checked Panama, considering a quick flight down there, but the forecast was the same everywhere.

In reality, the weather has been very nice. We’ve had no rain at all, except the day we went to the zoo, and about evey other day is cloudy and the other sunny. Really nice to get a pause from the burning sun sometimes I think!

So, the rain jacket and pants got used at the zoo, and now that I’m leaving for the highlands of Guatemala I may even get some use from the fleece? The nights are supposed to be cold, so maybe even the sleeping bag will get some use? Would be nice to know that I did not carry it in vain...

For Flores (my first destination in Guatemala, close to the magnificent Tokal ruins) the forecast is once again (scattered) thunderstorms and lows of 70 degrees Fahrenheit which should still be more than 20 Celsius. My second destination, Antigua and Atitlan could however go down to 60 (and still with those scattered T-storms...), so maybe the fleece at least?