Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-06-04

Goodbye to Raquel Dubois

Raquel, what can I say about Raquel...hopefully some of my feelings has come out in the things I have already written, but here are some closing thoughts on her as I try to summarize our time together.

Well, out of all the great times we had and all the fun things we did, what stands out is something that I haven’t even realized until she left. My gap year was supposed to be mostly about inner contemplation, but before I met Raquel, that had started to slide. I was beginning to turn into yet another of these 20-something’s, only cruising the coastline for fun.

But Raquel has been a true friend, a conversation partner, a great listener, and has been great at getting me on the right track again.

She has also given me some insight to worlds largely unknown to me, and although I cannot say that I have changed my beliefs (or rather my lack of beliefs I guess!), I have found our discussions to be very entertaining as well as thought provoking.

As an example, Raquel gave me a great card reading (similar to tarot cards, at least to me :-)) as we were getting to know each other. I know that she wants to give the credit to her little angels, but to me it is clear that it was her extraordinary loving and insightful persona that worked together with me to make me think things through and contemplate.

Oh, and Raquel is possibly the best massage therapist I’ve ever tried – that combined massage and healing session she gave me...I can only say wow! Raquel plans to eventually set up shop in India for some time to make some money to continue her journey, but if she is THAT good with others as well as me, she will probably stay there and get filthy rich!

Raquel, if you are reading this (of course you are!), I wish you all the best on your journeys, both your physical journey, and your journey of self-discovery.