Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-09-22

Public banyas and other moral issues

Next to my favourite hotel in Bishkek (Asia Mountains) is a suspiciously looking building, with a huge banner with a Conan-type guy on. I always though that it looked like a place where you could buy...interesting...female services, but when I have asked people they have said that it is only a public bathhouse (or "banya" in kyrgyz).

But yesterday as we were driving by the place, with two hours until my plane was taking off (which meant I didn't even have time to stick my head inside and check it out), Irina, Karliens friend told me that, yes it is a public banya, and yes, you can buy striptease (one hour 1700 som (=$40) for an hour) and massage there!! Unclear exactly what type of massage and what cost, but she admitted that there were two bedrooms on the top floor...

Now, all I want to know is how come she knew that, and even more so that she knew the exact price... :-)

Certainly not the type of public bath I went to with my family back in the 70's anyway!