Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-06-29

Panama City, June 26-28

At least I was able to shorten the bus trip by 24 hours by some clever bus changes, and that gave me one more day in Panama City. I really like the city here; it is very much like a real city – skyscrapers, lots of traffic jams and a hectic tempo. It is so very unlike all the other towns I’ve visited previously; I guess that the biggest town I’ve been to before had 30.000 people: Panama City has around a million.

The bus ride down here had the effect that I came to totally focus on coming back to Stockholm, so I’ve had a hard time to get very excited about doing Panama”properly”. Being here has been much more like taking a weekend trip to London than being on the other side of the world.

Bright Lights, Big City...
But I’ve met some nice people at the hostel where I’m staying, and we’ve been walking around town for two days, checking out the touristy stuff, looking at people, and just generally enjoying being in a big city again, with all it’s shops, bars, McDonalds(!), and clubs.

Sebastian and Anne in front of the Panama City skyline.

I’m explaining to Anne why it’s so great to spike your smoothies with rum.