Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-09-03

Who are these Habitat people?

My wonderful team in Barskoon - only a very small part of Habitat for Humanity.
Well, I was wondering the same thing myself a couple of months ago. When I was in Belize in May, I was quickly reaching the point where I had to come up with some solid plans for Kyrghyzstan – it is not really a place where you just go without having any plans.

Since I really wanted to do some voluntary work, I just googled “voluntary + Kyrghyzstan” (+ of course I had to try a number of other ways to spell the country, a pity that no two people can agree as to how!), and from the different options that came up, Habitat for Humanity kind of stood out.

Not only is the cause very worthy, it was also work that I knew that I would love to do (build houses), and not least important, the organization seemed very solid and reliable.

My personal experience has been excellent. The quality of the organization, both at headquarters in the US and here in Kyrghyzstan has been of the highest standards, and all the arrangements has been great. I especially recommend them fir anyone doing voluntary work for the first time, since they are great at easing you into things.

And of course our team leaders, and indeed the whole team were great, but more about that another time…

More information about Habitat for Humanity can be found at http://www.habitat.org/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Hello Peter Hjalmarsson, this is Monica Barra's Tia Emi. Could you send me a copy of the Habitat group? Do you have any more pictures where Monica is? my email is emiergo@aol.com Thanks a bunch

13 september, 2006 18:15  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home