Peters resa

Hmm. it seems that my journey has more or less reached it's end, in more ways than one... I guess I will still need to sum up what came out of it, but that will have to waut for another time. Meanwhile, some hints can be found at http://helenaopeter@blogspot.com

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Stockholm, Sweden

2006-07-26

The last post for a while – goodbye from Bishkek

Happy cookies in Bishkek - hope that the people in Barskoon are as happy!

Today will probably be the last post for a while. It will also be the last day where I have e-mail access for a while.

You see, Barskoon, where we are going, is about as poor as a town gets in one of the poorest countries of the planet. I have no indication that they will have internet access there – as a matter of fact they tell me that I should be lucky to get a couple of hours of electricity each day to charge the laptop batteries!

The current plan is to be back in Bishkek next time around the 10th (but plans might of course change in any country where they have no word for “now” – the closest they get is a word that means “within three hours”), so don’t be surprised if you don’t hear anything from me until then.

If you want to get in touch with me, don’t hesitate to text (SMS in Swedish) me on +46 70 756 0874, but please don’t call me unless we have texted before – receiving a phone call in this country costs me a fortune!

And don't miss today's new posts, not only the ones visible at the top, but I also snuck in two new articles about a Blues Fest and a wedding between the "old" Stockholm and Istanbul entries. That makes for eight new entries in the last three days - better start reading before I deliver another batch again! :-)